News and Coming Schedule
- Recently elected as Inaugural President of this newly-created learned society
- Forthcoming Annual Conferences:
- Book manuscript just submitted to publishers (Routledge):
- Michael Peters and I have just completed a major 2-volume project on The Idea of the University (both volumes published by Peter Lang, 2018).
- Volume 1 (Michael Peters and Ronald Barnett (eds)) is 'A Reader' (680pp), which comprises extracts from the key texts on the idea of the University over the last 200 years, from Kant onwards.
- Volume 2 (Ronald Barnett and Michael Peters (eds)), 'Contemporary Perspectives' (620pp), is a set of commissioned essays from most of the leading scholars and researchers in the field, drawn from across the world.
- With Paul Gibbs and Amanda Fulford, I have recently signed a contract with Springer for a series on Debating Higher Education: Philosophical Perspectives.
- 25 April, participation in ‘Pathologies of Professionalism in Higher Education’, research colloquium, Liverpool Hope University
- 8 May, University College Dublin: Keynote at Teaching and Learning symposium.
- 9 May, Trinity College Dublin, Keynote at conference on postgraduate experience.
- 15-16, Uppsala University, Sweden: invited contribution to conference on the World-Class University.
- 3 June, University of Leuven, Belgium: Keynote at Critical Thinking summit.
- 1 July, University of Louvain, Belgium: Opening lecture, summer school for Vice-Rectors and Directors of Administration of a cross-university network.
- 3-5 September, University of Glasgow, invited paper, conference on interdisciplinarity.
- Ronald Barnett and Soren Bengtsen, ‘Knowledge and the University: Re-claiming Life’
Both volumes are available in paperback - see under Books section for links for purchases.
Please do be in touch with me if you have a possible idea for a volume in this series – email@example.com